If your water meter is located outside, there may come a time when you need to turn it on without the key. This can be done by opening the lid and using a flathead screwdriver to turn the valve clockwise until it is tight. You may also need to use a wrench to tighten the valve.
If your meter is located inside, you will need to find the shut-off valve for your home and turn it on.
- Open the meter box lid using a screwdriver
- Locate the water meter inside the box and identify the valve handle
- Turn the valve handle clockwise to open it
- This will allow water to flow through the meter and into your home or business
- Close the meter box lid when finished
Now This Here: Water Main Turn Off-captioned
How Do I Turn on My Water Meter Without a Key
If you need to turn on your water meter without a key, there are a few things you can do. First, check to see if your municipality has a program that allows you to request a key. If they do, follow the instructions on how to request one.
If your municipality does not have such a program, you may be able to find a locksmith who can make a key for you. Be sure to bring proof of ownership of the property and ID with you when you go to the locksmith.
If Your Water Meter Does Not Have a Lever, You Will Need to Contact Your Local Water Utility Company for Assistance
If your water meter does not have a lever, you may need to contact your local water utility company for assistance. In some cases, the water utility company may be able to provide you with a new meter with a lever. However, it is also possible that the company will require you to have the old meter replaced.
How to Turn on Water Meter Illegally
Are you planning to turn on your water meter illegally? Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Locate the water main in your area and turn it on.
2. Find the water meter box and open it up. 3. Locate the water meter inside the box and remove the lid. 4. Use a screwdriver or another tool to tamper with the dial so that it registers as “on.”
5. Close everything back up and hope that nobody notices!
If you need to turn on your water meter but don’t have the key, there’s no need to worry. You can easily turn on the water meter without a key by following these simple steps. First, locate the valve that controls the water meter.
This is usually located near the street or sidewalk. Next, use a wrench or pliers to turn the valve clockwise until it is fully open. Once the valve is open, water will begin flowing through the meter and into your home or business.