monterey county water resources agency
Monterey Region Water Resources Company
The project would consist of the operation and also upkeep of existing storage tanks, building and construction of the Nacimiento Dam Spillway Alterations, as well as building of the Salinas River Diversion Facility. This record supplied the Salinas groundwater basin hydrogeology informaion recorded given that the 1950s in order to give a far better understanding of the advancement of salt water intrusion into groundwater areas. Given that the later 1990s, well logs, geopyhsical and also lithological information sustaining a three-dimensional research of the inter-related genealogical fluvial and alluvial-fan depositional atmospheres composing the groundwater bearing areas (180-Foot and also 400-Foot aquifers) and their implications on seawater intrusion paths.
The economic value of an in-depth performance of hydrostratigraphic qualities was to aid in the building and placement of future water and also monitoring wells within the study area. Salt water was horning in the groundwater zones from the submarine outcrops of and also directly right into the Stress 180- and also Stress 400-Foot aquifers. Stratigraphic evaluation showed with especially even more comprehensive lithologic information that blending and upright movement of seawater was highly feasible in several localized areas in between the shore as well as the City of Salinas. Upright movement of seawater/groundwater is likely throughout dripping aquitard and areas of the lack of restricting clay system in between the Stress 180-Foot and also Stress 400-Foot Aquifers.
In order to meet Monterey County’s demand for a long-term water resources monitoring strategy to guarantee good quality water, improve existing water top quality, and to supply adequate water products, the county established the Salinas River Container Administration Strategy. The objective was to stop seawater intrusion, develop a long-term equilibrium in between recharge and withdrawal, as well as to supply an adequate supply of water for Salinas Valley as much as the year 2030. As a result of intricacies of the hydrologic procedure as well as their communication on a basin-wide range, innovative analytical techniques and devices are used for better understand the nature and also habits of the hydrologic system, quantify the effects of different developmental and operational schemes embarked on by society, and also assess the numerous choices for a water resource administration plan. The remedy to the water source troubles within the Salinas Valley had been known since at least 1946. The best option, proposed during that time by the California Department of Water Resources, recognized that sufficient extra water can be created within the basin identifying the demand to transfer water from the Forebay Area to the Pressure and also East Side locations.
Monterey Area Water Resources Firm (Mcwra).
It was therefore of relevance to the public water system of the north Salinas Valley that the 3-D permeability distribution of the lithology be mapped with sufficient information to aid in the style of future engineering steps to mitigate the salt water invasion problem. Landowners at Carr Lake reported raising issues with proper drainage of the agricultural areas that comprised the huge majority of the previous lake bed. The primary motorist of the research study was the recognition that an extra total understanding of the website topography and also hydrology is essential, both to frame the important problems as well as to identify any measures that may be appropriate to enhance drain in the ditch system.
Attempt Boosted Account Free For A Month
- Stratigraphic evaluation demonstrated with notably more thorough lithologic data that blending as well as upright movement of salt water was very possible in numerous local areas in between the coastline as well as the City of Salinas.
- The service to the water source issues within the Salinas Valley had actually been known given that a minimum of 1946.
- The objective was to stop salt water intrusion, develop a long-term equilibrium between recharge and also withdrawal, and also to offer an enough water system for Salinas Valley up to the year 2030.
- The economic relevance of an in-depth performance of hydrostratigraphic characteristics was to help in the building and construction as well as positioning of future water system and also monitoring wells within the research location.
- Due to complexities of the hydrologic procedure and also their communication on a basin-wide scale, innovative analytical approaches and also tools are made use of for better comprehend the nature as well as behavior of the hydrologic system, measure the effects of different developmental as well as operational schemes carried out by society, and examine the numerous alternatives for a water source administration plan.
- Seawater was horning in the groundwater areas from the submarine outcrops of and straight right into the Pressure 180- and also Stress 400-Foot aquifers.
- In order to satisfy Monterey County’s requirement for a long-term water resources management strategy to guarantee top quality water, boost existing water quality, and also to provide appropriate water products, the region established the Salinas River Basin Management Strategy.
- The most effective remedy, recommended at that time by the California Division of Water Resources, identified that adequate additional water could be established within the container identifying the need to move water from the Forebay Area to the Pressure as well as East Side areas.
Consequently the job job plan included two primary fieldwork elements, topographic survey and hydrologic tracking. The fieldwork was complied with up by data post processing, mapping, and linked supporting evaluations. A 2003 Designer’s Record describing the technological basis for a brand-new assessment that would certainly money the resources, operation and also maintenance prices of the Salinas Valley Water Job.