what is the distance from the top of the block to the water if the water is fresh

A 10 Cm X 10 Centimeters X 10 Cm Timber Block With A Thickness Of 700 Kg

I will certainly have to talk with my professor regarding that. Additionally, the “d” you are determining is the elevation of the submersed component.

A 8 cm × 8 cm × 8 cm timber block with a thickness of 653.49 kg/m3 drifts in water. A block of timber is drifting on water at 0ºC with quantity V0 over water.

You desire the height of the un-immersed part.

what is the distance from the top of the block to the water if the water is fresh?

I tried the response 7.9477 m as well as it informed me I was right. I don’t comprehend how however due to the fact that the 8 is in cm and also the 0.

Remember, the height of the box is 8 cm, not 8 m. So you require to subtract your final response from 0.08, not from 8. Assuming you did the calculations right (which I have not checked), this indicates that more than half the box is immersed.

which amounts to the weight of volume of the displaced water. Or the mass, the computation coincides. The wood is 70% of the weight of the water, so 70% of the wood will certainly immerse leaving 30% drifting over water line. A cubical block of side 0.5 m floats on water with 30% of its volume under water.

admwp